As a global specialty contractor to environmental, legal, and property professionals, COLUMBIA Technologies offers a diverse portfolio of cost-effective solutions to optimize soil and groundwater contamination providing world-class innovative data collection, analyses, visualization, mapping and tracking tools throughout Mexico, Brazil, Canada and the United States, including Hawaii.
COLUMBIA Technologies’ remediation-focused high resolution site characterization services include:
• Real-Time Information Processing and Mapping Using SmartData Solutions®, COLUMBIA’s patented and proprietary SmartData Solutions® process is the first and only solution for real-time data collection, analysis, visualization, mapping, and tracking of soil and groundwater pollution of contaminated properties.
• Membrane Interface Probe (MIP), a multipurpose tool for mapping soil and groundwater contamination, specifically volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as halogenated solvents and dissolved phase petroleum compounds.
• Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF), a NAPL mapping tool used to delineate the depth and horizontal extent of free product and residual phase petroleum contamination.
• Hydraulic Profiling Tool (HPT), direct pressure response measurements of hydraulic permeability and flow to determine migration pathways, remediation injection regions, and placements for monitoring wells.
• Membrane Interface Probe-Hydraulic Profiling Tool (MiHpt), a combined MIP-HPT probe for mapping soil and groundwater contamination, specifically volatile organic compounds (VOCs), as halogenated solvents and dissolved phase petroleum compounds, along with measurements of soil electrical conductivity (EC) and HPT injection pressure in the same push!
• Discrete Groundwater Profiling with Onsite VOC Analyses, Discrete Groundwater Profiling with Onsite VOC Analyses provides onsite laboratory analytical screening for VOCs associated with petroleum related fuels.
Key bey benefits of a remediation-focused high resolution site characterization include:
- A greater range of high resolution information on subsurface conditions including hydro-stratigraphy and contaminant distribution to support environmental liability decisions
- Ability to deploy proven, rapid, innovative solutions to reliably and cost-effectively resolve contaminated sites on a comprehensive basis
- Reduction in remediation costs by an amount equal to 4-5x of the total investigation costs
- Collaboration among project managers, colleagues, and other stakeholders, wherever they are located, through a cloud-based browser platform