High-Resolution Site Characterization (HRSC)
COLUMBIA Technologies performs high quality environmental site assessments and characterizations using advanced high-resolution site characterization (HRSC) tools and real-time techniques that can detect and map the full extent of subsurface contamination, track soil and groundwater changes and profile existing remediation systems. These include:
- Membrane Interface Probe with Electrical Conductivity (MIP/EC)
a multipurpose tool for mapping soil and groundwater contamination, specifically volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as halogenated solvents and petroleum compounds, and for measuring soil electrical conductivity (EC).
- Optical Imaging Profiler (OIP)
a new profiling and imaging tool used to delineate and photograph residual phase petroleum contamination in soil by depth.
- Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF)
a Non-Aqueous Phase Liquid (NAPL) profiling tool used to delineate the depth and lateral extent of free product and residual phase petroleum contamination.
- Hydraulic Profiling Tool (HPT)
provides direct pressure response measurements of hydraulic permeability and flow to determine migration pathways, remediation injection regions, and placements for groundwater monitoring wells.
- Membrane Interface Probe-Hydraulic Profiling Tool (MiHpt)
a combined MIP-HPT probe for mapping soil and groundwater contamination, specifically VOCs, along with measurements of soil EC and HPT injection pressure – all in the same push!
- High-Resolution Soil Sampling, an important step for determining exact contaminant mass, constituents, and saturation levels to inform remedial decision analysis.